We are able to offer, now, the complete 28-issue digital archive in page-turn format for the final eleven years of Minolta Image and Photoworld (as it became) from 2002 to 2011. For only £10, a one-off payment, you unlock the complete collection of digital versions of the printed quarterly magazine.
This collection forms a fascinating document, showing the transition from the last heyday of Minolta to the merger with Konica in 2004 and the launch of the Dynax 7D, through the takeover by Sony in 2006 and up to the launch of the NEX E-mount system in 2010 and beyond.
Read Minolta Photoworld 2002-2011
Publisher Software from YUDU
We have now expanded the archive of downloadable PDF files of our magazine issues, available to subscribers to Photoclubalpha, back to December 2002 with five issues of Minolta Image. The issues make a fascinating record of the transition from film to digital, and then from Minolta to Konica Minolta, and later to Sony.
The link to the Subscriber page which has active download links is: Subscriber Only Content but this can only be accessed by subscribers. To subscribe, visit Subscriber Registration.
The list of issues and their content (not including many portfolios, technique and travel or subject related features) is:
- Photoworld 2 2011 (Spring – new flashgun and accessories, Alpha subaqua, Sony World Photography Awards, Nissin Di866 Mark II flash, Sony ultrawide and fisheye converters for NAX tested)
- Photoworld 1 2011 (Winter – new Cybershots, Alpha in the studio, Kipon tilt adaptor for NEX, Alpha 580 test report, Duncan McEwan shoots the Commonwealth Games)
- Photoworld 4 2010 (Autumn – photokina & Alpha 55/33, Alpha 55 test, 3D feature)
- Photoworld 3 2010 (Summer – NEX 3 & 5 launch in Croatia, full test, NEX lens adaptors, Alpha 390 and 290 announced, Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 HSM and 70-300mm f/4-5.6 OS)
- Photoworld 2 2010 (Spring – SAM 30mm f/2.8 Macro, PMA 2010, Sigma EX DG 70mm f/2.8 macro, Delta TTL ringflash, Ray-Flash RAC175-2)
- Photoworld 1 2010 (Winter – Alpha System 25 Year Silver Jubilee issue; Alpha 450)
- Photoworld 4 2009 (Autumn – Alpha 500, 550 and 850 announced; Samyang 85mm f/1.4 test, HVL-F20AM)
- Photoworld 3 2009 (Summer – Alpha 230, 330, 380 launch; Alpha 380 test, SAM 18-55mm, Sigma 18-250mm OS, 70-200mm HSM, 10-20mm f/3.5, 10mm fisheye)
- Photoworld 2 2009 (Spring – Sony PVL-EW5 projector, rechipping Sigma 400mm f/5.6)
- Photoworld 1 2009 (Winter – Sigma 12-24mm and 50mm f/1.4 on A900, tilt and shift adaptors, Teleplus 2X)
- Photoworld 4 2008 (Autumn – photokina and Alpha 900)
- Photoworld 3 2008 (Summer – 70-300mm SSM G lens test, HVL-F58AM)
- Photoworld 2 2008 (Spring – Alpha 300 and 350 launch, 360° panoramas, HVL-F42AM, kit zoom lens choice, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Di AF Tele Macro test)
- Photoworld 1 2008 (Winter – Alpha 200 launch, Alpha 700 shoots Cirque du Soleil)
- Photoworld 4 2007 (Autumn – Alpha 700 launch, 16-105mm SAL lens, 18-250mm SAL)
- Photoworld 3 2007 (Summer – Photoclubalpha launch, roadmap speculation, 18-250mm Tamron test, Lensbaby 3G)
- Photoworld 2 2007 (Spring – 700/900 speculation with the wrong names, GPS CS-1 tracker, CZ 16-80mm test, flash choices, Loreo PC Lens In A Cap)
- Photoworld 1 2007 (Winter – CZ 135mm f/1.8, 8mm Peleng)
- Photoworld 3 2006 (Autumn – photokina, Apha 100 test, Sony DSC-R1)
- Photoworld 2 2006 (Summer – the amazing Alpha 100 launch in Morocco)
- Photoworld 1 2006 (Winter/Spring – the Sony takeover issue, 25 Years of Minolta Club, 18-200mm and 11-18mm KM zooms tested)
- Photoworld 4 2005 (Autumn – KM 5D test, colour looks, Dimage Master software)
- Photoworld 3 2005 (Summer – KM 5D announcement, Sony announce joint project, Dimage X1, Dimage A200, Jobo Gigavu Pro, Dimage Master techniques)
- Photoworld 2 2005 (Spring – Dimage Z5, 28-75m and 17-35mm lenses tested on Dynax 7D, digital infrared with Dimage 7 and Dynax 7D, colour to mono conversions, using Dimage Scan Elite 5400)
- Photoworld 1 2005 (Winter – Dynax 7D test, Minolta 16mm full frame fisheye)
- Photoworld 2 2004 (Autumn – photokina and Dynax (Maxxum) 7D launch)
- Photoworld 1 2004 (Spring-Summer, the first edition after the Konica Minolta merger, and the renaming of Minolta Image which we had published since 1981 back to its 1966-1980 title of Photoworld – mockup D7D shown at Focus on Imaging, Dynax 60 and 40 launch, Dimage Xt underwater, Konica Centuria Super colour film test, Dimage A2 test)
- Minolta Image Winter 2003-4 (the last edition of Image before the end of Minolta as a separate company – Dimage Z1 test, Dimage E323 test)
- Minolta Image Autumn 2003 (the A to Z of digital – Dimage A1 and Z1, Dynax 3L and Fujichrome Astia 100F test, A1 anti-shake test)
- Minolta Image Summer 2003 (Dimage Scan Elite 5400 test, new 28-100mm, Riva Zoom 60, Dimage Xt test, Wireless Flash)
- Minolta Image Spring 2003 (SSM 30mm and 70-200mm, converters, launched; F300 report)
- Minolta Image Winter 2002-3 (incomplete but includes – Low Light and Fast Film, Digital Diaries, Dimage 7Hi test, Dimage Scan Dual III)
OVER the past few days I’ve been looking at the NEX-5 and a range of lenses and optical systems. I’ve got adaptors for C-mount (16mm/TV/CCTV) lenses, Leica 39mm screw, Minolta MD and the LA-EA1 for Alpha A-mount. The NEX-5 has proved able to provide a surprisingly bright focusing image through a classic German microscope:
It also proved very competent with the Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 OS lens, the adaptor providing power for the OS which is fully functional, and also for auto exposure, leaving only manual magnified focusing to tackle. Continue reading »
The Alpha System celebrates its Silver Jubilee or 25th Anniversary this month.
We have a full length revision of the article which appears in the latest Photoworld now online as a page here.
Read our 25th birthday review of the Alpha system’s history now!
A mention of 16mm Minoltas reminded me that a few years ago I found a perfect kit – without outer box or instructions, sadly – at an antique fair. A daylight developing tank for the film turned up in the closing-down stock from Konica Minolta’s warehouse. I decided they should really find a new home together via the normal eBay route, but before they went, a studio shoot was needed to record them for our virtual museum. Continue reading »
IN 2006 before the Sony Alpha 100 was launched, my Dynax 7D went on its last serious travel shoot, spending a short week in the south-west of Ireland. Continue reading »