Sydney, Australia (July 29, 2009) – WorldNomads.com announces the launch of a once in a lifetime travel photography scholarship – the opportunity to join an on-assignment National Geographic photographer in Antarctica for two weeks.
PENTAX UK is pleased to announce the launch of the PENTAX K-7 lens-interchangeable digital SLR camera. The K-7 combines a variety of advanced functions and user-friendly features to ensure outstanding reliability and capability within a compact, lightweight body.
The K-7 joins the current PENTAX K digital SLR camera series as a high-end model in the range. True to its series concept, it has been designed to deliver outstanding image quality combined with ease of use, to benefit photo enthusiasts of all levels, including advanced amateurs. The K-7 also includes revised and upgraded features including viewfinder, shutter unit, continuous-shooting capacity, and exposure and autofocus systems.
Protected by a durable, high-quality metallic body, the K-7 is extremely compact and functional — as with all other K-series models — delivering enhanced portability and manoeuverability. The model includes several new user-friendly features, including video recording, high dynamic range (HDR), and automatic horizon correction. All of these features serve to deliver a highly effective photographic tool, perfect for all discerning digital SLR photographers.
Pentax UK has announced the launch of its cashback promotional offer.
* Cashback can be claimed on purchases of any Pentax K20D or K200D camera and lens kit between 11th June and 31st August 2008.
* £100 Cashback is available on any Pentax K20D Digital SLR camera and lens kit. £50 Cashback is available on any Pentax K200D Digital SLR camera and lens kit.
* Customers should visit www.pentax.co.uk to obtain an official promotion claim form and products must be purchased as new from an official Pentax dealer.
PENTAX UK has today announced the release of the Optio W60 compact digital camera. The W60 boasts improved underwater performance that enables it to operate at depths of 4 metres for up to 2 hours. It has also been dust and sand proofed to a certified JIS Class 5 Standard and can operate in temperatures as cold as –10°C, making it the ideal choice for both winter and summer holidays, as well as water and extreme sports.
One of the lightest waterproof cameras ever developed, it features a 10 megapixel sensor for exceptionally sharp images. It has also been fitted with a newly developed 28mm wide angle lens, which incorporates an impressive 5x optical zoom. The lens, designed specifically for the Optio W60, covers a focal range from 5mm to 25mm (approximately 28mm to 140mm in 35mm format) and features a refraction lens system so the lens never protrudes from the body while zooming. This flexibility enables the user to capture a wide variety of scenes, including expansive landscapes, architecture, and crystal clear telephoto shots.
In addition, the Optio W60 boasts enhanced video capabilities and can capture movies at resolutions as high as 1280 x 720 pixels, which is comparable to High Definition TV. The movie function also incorporates Pentax’s Movie SR (Shake Reduction) technology, which automatically corrects camera shake, and has been optimised for use underwater with the Underwater Movie Mode, which makes use of specific settings for shooting.
The Optio W60’s Face Recognition AF & AE function has also been improved to deliver beautiful portrait shots from a single setting. The W60 can now automatically set the focus and exposure, so that it can detect up to 32 faces at one time – all in as little as 0.03 seconds. This is complimented by a SmileCapture mode, which waits until the subject is smiling before releasing the shutter, and Blinking Detection, which alerts the photographer if the subject blinked at the point of capture.
The camera also features advanced Auto Picture which automatically selects the optimal scene mode from seven different options – Flower, Sport, Night Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene, and Standard modes. It also has a highly sensitive Digital SR (Shake Reduction) mode, which compensates for camera shake and subject blurring during still-image photography. This mode automatically adjusts the sensitivity, up to a maximum of ISO 6400, in keeping with the subject’s brightness, to permit a fast enough shutter speed to capture a sharp, clear image. In addition, an electric shake reduction function corrects blurring in images during image playback.
Finally, the 2.5-inch high-resolution (approximately 230,000 dots) LCD monitor is finished with an AR (Anti-Reflection) coating that cuts glare from reflections of external light while being bright enough to be viewed easily even in bright sunlight. The monitor’s wide viewing angle — about 170° both horizontally and vertically — means photographers can conveniently check their shot from nearly any angle.
- Macro mode can be used as close as one centimeter away from a subject for stunning close-up shots
- Digital wide function merges two shots into one image for ultra-wide-angle expressions equivalent to a focal length of approx. 21mm in 35mm format
- Our proprietary SP (Super Protect) coating adds superior water repellency to the lens’s front protective glass to prevent water droplets from forming
- Optional Optio W60 Skin O-CC812 (sold separately) guards the camera from scratches and dirt
- Panorama mode stitches a series of up to three shots into one wide photo
- Intelligent zoom function extends the zoom range without compromising the optical zoom’s image quality
- Supports SD memory cards and SDHC memory cards
- Approximately 36.4 MB of built-in memory
- Frame composite function allows photographers to shoot and create images with decorative frames; 80 styles to choose from
- Date and Time imprint function for easy image categorizing
- Includes the ACDSee for PENTAX 3.0 image viewer/image management software, that supports Windows VistaTM
- Supports PictBridge, DPOF functions, Exif Print, and PRINT Image Matching