Epson has today launched an innovative new print plug-in for the Adobe Photoshop family of products that provides users with enhanced functionality and flexibility, making colour-managed printing quicker and easier. Engineered specifically for the popular Adobe Photoshop CS and Elements products, Epson designed the software to meet the needs of the users of its Stylus Pro 3800 and its A3+ printers, including the new Epson Stylus Photo R2880.
Mark Robinson, Senior Product Manager at Epson UK commented: “The new Epson plug-in provides an invaluable tool for the keen photographer, allowing them to increase their efficiency when printing a wide variety of projects.
“As an independent resource, the Epson Print Plug-In allows users to switch easily between its interface and Photoshop. This allows them to add images to the multi-image print easily and keep temporary images for reprint even if the plug-in window is closed. For many users, this functionality is highly valuable and could significantly enhance productivity.”
The Epson interface splits the printing workflow into three steps; image selection, layout selection/definition and printer settings and previewing, making the printing process simple and efficient. The window of each step is modular and can be minimised to optimise space on-screen.
The layout function automates the layout process, allowing users to select from three layout types; template, index and free layout, which can be arranged over multiple pages. Over 170 templates, ranging from credit card sizes to A2 are available as standard and users can even create custom templates and save them for regular use. Once the layout is selected, images are simply dragged and dropped into the template and can even be cropped as needed.
Colour management can be automated for both direct colour management using the printer driver, and ICC profile-based colour management. Users can also specify their own ICC profiles for specific print media. The preview function provides a fast and easy way to proof the final print layout before printing begins.
Mark Robinson continued: “The flexible workflow offered by the Epson Print Plug-In ensures maximum usability, making batch printing for projects such as exhibitions, calendars or portfolios quick and easy. As the plug-in is independent of Photoshop, images can be loaded in succession and the interface can be used to check and compare the various stages of editing.”
The new Epson Print Plug-In is available as a free web download from the Epson Europe website at www.epson-europe.com and supports Mac OS 10.4.3 – 10.4.10 (Tiger), Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard) and Windows XP SP2 and Vista.
Epson Print Plug-In key features summary:
- Easy multiple image printing
- Flexible multi-page layouts with three layout types
- Resource independent for improved flexibility and usability
- Simplified colour-managed printing, supporting both direct colour management and ICC profile management
- ACE, Epson CMM, Windows ICM and Apple ColorSync colour management engines supported
- Supports the Adobe Photoshop family of products: Adobe Photoshop CS2 (from 9.02), CS3, Adobe Elements 4 (from 4.01), 5 (from 5.02) and 6
- Supports Epson Stylus Photo 1400, R1800, R1900, R2400, R2880 and Stylus Pro 3800
- Supports Windows XP SP2, Vista; Mac OS 10.4.3 – 10.4.10 (Tiger) and 10.5 (Leopard)
- Available in 7 languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch and Japanese
- Available from 25 May 2008 as a free web download on www.epson-europe.com